Fort Monmouth Existing Infrastructure System Assessment
Matrix was hired by the Fort Monmouth Economic Revitalization Planning Authority (FMERPA) to assist in preparing for the conveyance of the properties of the U.S. Army’s Fort Monmouth located in the boroughs of Tinton Falls, Eatontown, and Oceanport, New Jersey. Fort Monmouth is located near the eastern shore of New Jersey within the coastal region of Monmouth County. The primary mission of Fort Monmouth is to provide command, administrative, and logistical support for headquarters, United States Army, CECOM. Fort Monmouth is being closed under the Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) Act of 2005.
The Matrix team provided:
- An analysis of all factors related to the operation, rehabilitation, and capital improvement of the 1,126-acre Fort Monmouth property
- An analysis of the cost effectiveness for demolition, rehabilitation, and replacement of existing buildings and infrastructure on the post along with a cost analysis for bringing those facilities up to current standards for code compliance and marketability in the private sector
- A review and analysis of existing buildings and infrastructure to determine reuse potential and an advisement to the FMERPA in regard to the need to remove, repair, or replace those facilities
Matrix completed an initial assessment of existing potable water and storm water infrastructure to establish existing conditions and evaluate opportunities and constraints for future development. Matrix reviewed existing documents, performed site investigations, and made visual observations of the condition of the water and storm water infrastructure. From the assessments, Matrix prepared an existing infrastructure system report to explain the existing condition and provide recommendations for demolition or repairs.
- Infrastructure Assessment and Master Planning
- Water Rights Analysis
- Potable Water Infrastructure Design
- Water/Wastewater Treatment Design
- Hydraulic Modeling and Analysis
- Cost Estimating