Matrix excels at providing high caliber due diligence services at brownfields and new development sites. We assist our clients in conducting the appropriate level of assessment of properties prior to property transfer to limit our clients’ liability. We also design appropriate investigation and remediation programs to protect human health and the environment during redevelopment.
Our staff is experienced with the environmental investigation and remediation requirements stipulated under the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA), the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), State Voluntary Cleanup Programs, and the American Society of Testing and Materials-Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessment (ESA) Standards, as well as the Environmental Protection Agency’s All Appropriate Inquiry standards.
Due Diligence Services:
- Phase I and Phase II ESAs
- Preliminary assessments and site investigations
- CERCLA remedial investigations and RCRA facility investigations
- VCUP investigations
- Oversight and evaluation of existing investigation and remediation programs
- Evaluation of risk
- Development of cleanup goals
- Coordination with legal counsel and regulatory agencies including local, county, state, and EPA
- Brownfields program grant applications
- UST program grant applications and reimbursements