Belleview Station Transit-Oriented Development
Matrix Design Group was engaged by Columbine Realty to provide infrastructure master planning, engineering design, survey, and full construction management services for the civil and infrastructure development of this high-density, urban mixed use project. The project includes over four million sq ft of office, retail, hotel, commercial, and residential uses on 30 acres of the former Mountain View Golf Course situated on the west side of the juncture of highways I-25 and I-225 in Denver, Colorado, adjacent to the Belleview light-rail station.
Challenges included strategic infrastructure planning to maximize density while simultaneously providing for efficient use of civil infrastructure, including the roadway network, water supply and waste water transmission systems, and storm water and drainage systems for the property.
During the master planning phase of the project, Matrix developed the capital improvement needs for all of the infrastructure systems and created a cost model to aid in phasing the development. A general development plan (GDP) was submitted to the City and County of Denver establishing the goals of the project.
Matrix provided design, engineering, and survey services for the project including:
- Arterial and local street design
- Water system modeling
- Waste water transmission design
- Forced main analysis and design
- Dry utilities layout
- Platting services
- Site survey including construction staking
- Drainage master planning and outfall design
- Detention pond design
- Master grading and horizontal control
- Civil system structural design
- Traffic modeling and transportation approval
- Signalized intersection with state highway engineering and design
- Project construction phasing
This project serves as a progressive model of traditional urban development with an emphasis on transit orientation within a self-contained community.